Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise
Community and Workforce Development (District)
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca College District is promising free tuition to first-time, first-year students!
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Promise is our commitment to offer a world-class education for every East County high school student who can benefit from college and career training. The Promise is an educational pathway for students to attend college and to prepare for a 21st century career.
In order to qualify for free tuition, students must:
- Sign the Promise Pledge
- Be a first-time college student (included dual enrollment or concurrent high school students)
- Complete a free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act application
- Complete the college onboarding process: Application, Orientation, Assessment, and Education Plan
- Register as a full-time student at Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College (At least 12 units per semester)
- Maintain a 2.0 college GPA to remain eligible for spring semester
As qualified above, first-time college students must complete the college onboarding process to receive free tuition, including college orientation, assessment and an education plan; complete Grossmont College's onboarding process all in one day at Super Saturday!
Super Saturday at Grossmont College is Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 8:30-2:30 p.m. At Super Saturday, priority registration, orientation, assessment and advising may be completed all in one day. Put it on your calendar!
Super Saturday is also offering athletics orientation, specific to student-athletes! Athletics orientation is held June 2, 2018 also, in room 41-117 from 8:00-10:00 a.m., and 10:00-12:00 p.m.
During the athletics orientations, new student-athletes will receive information to maintain athletic eligibility, guidance to help schedule classes, assistance with athletic transfer rules and referrals to additional resources on campus.
Nearly 20,000 students attend Grossmont College's beautiful campus in El Cajon each semester. Grossmont College is known for its many high-caliber programs including Nursing, Administration of Justice, Computer Science and Information Systems, Business, Cardiovascular Technology, and Culinary Arts.